Friday, October 19, 2012
50s Friday
My day started off by helping Senior, and trimming palm trees for two of our clients. We had to rent a long pole saw, and he had to climb a ladder, I got to do the clean up job. : ) . I was okay until I suffered an on the job injury and got a scrape on my ankle. I wonder if my boss carries workers comp?
But, as luck would have it, I had to break off ( DARN IT ! ) because today was the 50th day of school. The 1st graders celebrated by dressing like the fifties, and having a root beer float social.ND wore rolled up blue jeans, and white T-shirt. I spiked up his hair and tucked the shirt in. That lasted about 20 minutes. So yours truly got to help. I wore rolled up jeans, bobbi socks, a flipped up collared shirt, and scarf tied round my pony tail. Also for kicks, I donned a pair 50s era reading glasses, that are from my antique eye wear collection. The kids got a big kick out of the glasses, and had fun trying them on.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After school it was off to the Navy Commissary. Good Lord I love that place..deals every where!. Today they had a special of Zaterains Rice Mixes. The Beef and the Cheddar Broccoli for .75 a box. I stocked up and adding them to our food supply. They are both super yummy and make for a great meal all by themselves.
Some people are hoarders, of different things. Some people though go to the extreme and you can't walk through their house. I guess you could say I am becoming a food hoarder. When I buy things, now I buy in a big quantity, It use to be 1 or 2 of something, now I find that when something is a good deal, I really stock up. I think we all should do that, if you do it frequently and start setting the extra items away, You will realize that you have a stored food supply. When and If that emergency happens, at least you will have something to eat, instead of being like those poor souls who are running out and finding empty grocery store shelves. Remember: GROCERY STORES ONLY KEEP ABOUT A 3 DAY SUPPLY ON HAND...and if there are no delivers being made, guess what? Yep that's right! Your out of luck.
Okay so there you have my advice for the day. : ) Now go out and start prepping !
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It is suppose to get down in the upper 40s here, Senior is making us a fire in the pit tonight. I love just to sit out there at night and look at all the stars, and find space junk with binoculars.
Tomorrow is Saturday, can't wait as it is going to be a fun adventure. But I can't tell you about it now, wait until I post about it. Okay so have a good Friday night, relax and enjoy it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

i haven't even finished the second paragraph but had to stop and ask WHERE ARE THE PICS? Gurlie - our friendship is on the line if you don't have any pics!
ReplyDeletei'll be back in five when i finish reading the whole post! your friend,
kymber
welp its been a pleasure then...i didn't take any. My Bad. : ( its been nice knowing ya!
Deletewhat can i do to be back in your good graces??????
bashahahahahaha! i learned about secret saturday from Stephen's post - bahahahahahha! go have an awesome time, think of me, wish i was there and all that good stuff, k, gurlie? i know that you will have a fantastic time!
ReplyDeleteenjoy and come back and tell us all about it. oh and you better have a pic of you dressed up all 50's style or i don't know how this friendship can continue! jest sayin'! bahahahahah!
your friend,
kymber
As long as Stephen gives SW $$$ we should be good to go tomorrow. However, we will have Huey and Dewey in tow and after about 10 minutes, they will start with how tired they are etc......
DeleteYes I will post about our adventures....
Little kids dressed up in 50's garb, too cute!!!! I am starting my winter prepping. I know I need to do it all year but I have soo little storage space! Have fun tomorrow ☺
ReplyDeleteI do stock up on non perishable items.
ReplyDeleteThe 50s were my heyday and it was a fun time!