The summer has been long for Senior. He has worked hard, and sweated through the hot summer months. The boys have this coming Monday and Tuesday off, So last week I suggested we take a long weekend and head out of town to do something fun. Today I checked the kids out of school early, and we got on the road.
We first stopped so Senior could get some more work shorts, and I finally a new pair of Crocs. I love wearing crocs, they are comfy and roomy, and its okay to get them wet. And yes I even have a couple of those little funky jibbits on them..mine is one of Tinkerbell, and a flower.
Boys the entire way to our destination was a nightmare...I thought we had two girls in the back seat. They couldn't agree on the DVD player. So, I grabbed it and shut it down. I told them to count cars for excitement. I was plainly tired of hearing it.
I grabbed my current read: "Enemies Foreign and Domestic" Book 3. I like this one the best.
So I snuck in to my own world for a little while and disappeared in to the book. I like to hope they make the series into a movie, I would love to be in it. I wonder which character I could play?
We made it to our hotel, boys were over the moon with excitement. relaxed and out to dinner, Came back and played in hotel game room. Senior got us some adult beverages, and I bought the boys a high priced box of apple juice. They were having a Friday night movie by the pool: "Dumbo"
WOW! I haven't seen that movie in years. It was fun sitting there and enjoying it with my kids, the way my parents use to do with me.
So there we sat, with other hotel guest. Sipping on our drinks, enjoying the evening, and finally relaxing. Its good to be on a mini vacation and out of the house. Change of scenery does the body good.
have a fantastic time JUGM...you and Senior deserve it! and take pics. and tell us all about it! much love to your and yours! your friend,
ReplyDeletekymber
Enjoy your vacation!
ReplyDeleteHave lots of fun and stay safe!
ReplyDelete