Saturday, February 2, 2013

Military Health Care Cuts


  Our men and women raised their hands and pledged an oath to this country. To honor it and defend it. For decades they have done their jobs, and now because our government can not pay its bills, they want to cut health care benefits to our active duty and retired personnel... BUT, the unionized DoD is not affected...WTF!!!! 

http://newmediajournal.us/indx.php/item/8218#.UQxoa1Q1eaa.facebook

A few years ago, when Senior was still active, and I regularly used the base clinic and pharmacy. I heard some thing similar to this from a Pharm. Tech Behind the counter. What he told me was that it was being proposed that Active Duty would have to start paying a co-pay for prescriptions. I looked at him like he was smoking crack..no way would they do that to our guys..

 Do you know the impact of something like this could have on a active duty family? let me be the first to tell you, a E1-E5 pretty much makes beans!.  I remember how hard it was for Senior and I when he was a Second Class, that was in the 90s before kids. I can only imagine now. We lived paycheck to paycheck, and that was with me working. We .did not start seeing a change until he made E6, but it got much better when he made E7.

Therefore this is going to financially hurt a lot of military families who do not deserve being slapped in the face for their sacrifice to country. He is dismantling our military to a point of where we won't have one anymore. Absolutely criminal.

9 comments:

  1. Hopefully they will remember this when they are given orders to open fire on civillans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the admin is trying so hard to do away with the military that there won't be any left to shoot at civilians. This is BOs great big plan..to leave us rendered defenseless

      Delete
  2. It IS criminal, and since they know the military cannot 'legally' protest they're safe in cutting benfits... DAMMIT!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is going to be really bad for those lower ranked guys, and these elderly retirees that don't get as much per month. Just makes me sick.

      Delete
  3. My brother, who is a Vietnam Vet, says that the guys with health insurance are getting preference over the guys who don't at the Vetran's health offices. He has to wait in line for his appointments longer than than someone with BCBS for instance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that is sad. and I hate hearing that. My Senior retired in 2009, and he is seeing the discrimination and the incompetance at the VA...

      Delete
  4. This is outrageous! It just makes me sick.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I truly admire those that are willing to go into the service and protect our country's freedom. I think because they and their families are willing to make that potential sacrifice of life, plus the hardships caused being amilitary family, being away in deployments, etc., I believe they should be higher paid than they are. It is a shame that a military family has to rely on food from a food bank to feed their families (that happened when I lived over in the Laguna Beach area of California; the church I was going to would collect food donations and then go down to Camp Pendleton and hand out bags of food to military families in need; that is a shame I do believe). So yes taking away health care benefits is despicable in my opinion.

    betty

    ReplyDelete