Monday, October 24, 2011

Mylar Bags

Over the weekend, Hubby and I ordered more Mylar bags. So what you say! Well, I am excited because we ordered them in smaller sizes so that we can break our dry goods down to more manageable portions, thus allowing us to make the items more lightweight to fit in our BOBs and etc...




If you have not ordered the bags before here is a good website to go through, they have all kinds of fun prepper items...  WWW.USAEmergencysupply.com

They have every size of mylar bag possible and even my favorite: the zip lock ones...Plus if you are an "Apartment Prepper" or limited on space for storage, Mylar bags would be a good idea for you.



4 comments:

  1. Soon as I clear out my October expenses I plan to order in the same size...have a good day, Pretty Lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you tried those Hot Hands packs instead of oxygen absorbers? I had very good luck with them. Might have to order some zip locks, if they stay tight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stephen- Hope your day was good as well! We just checked and our order shipped out today...

    Kris- no I have not tried the Hot Hands, we ordered the oxygen eaters in bulk and i have a bunch I need to use up before ordering anything else..but I will give those a look on the internet..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hot hands work great, but I reserve those for the 5 gallon mylar bags of rice. They are both filled with iron filings that oxidize [and remove oxygen].

      Delete