Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Do NOT Carry Your Gun into NYC!

Or you could be  like this Marine....Okay, Okay, he should have checked the New Yorks Gun Laws first, only he did and it was inaccurate..and,  both  he and the nurse in the story volunteered their weapons, and have no priors. They are nothing more then law abiding citizens, who were on vacation/business....So we will just blame Mayor Bloomberg; Mr. AntiGun


Ryan Jerome was enjoying his first trip to New York City on business when the former Marine Corps gunner walked up to a security officer at the Empire State Building and asked where he should check his gun.
That was when Jerome’s nightmare began. The security officer called police and Jerome spent the next two days in jail.
The 28-year-old with no criminal history now faces a mandatory minimum sentence of three and a half years in prison. If convicted, his sentence could be as high as fifteen years.
Jerome has a valid concealed carry permit in Indiana and visited New York believing that it was legal to bring his firearm. He was traveling with $15,000 worth of jewelry that he planned to sell.
The online gun-law information Jerome read was inaccurate, however, and his late September arrest initiated what may become a protracted criminal saga. He hasn’t yet been indicted by a grand jury, but there may be little legal wiggle-room if he is.
“If he does get indicted, and they want to give him something less, then the legal minimum would be two years,” noted Mark Bederow, Jerome’s attorney. “They couldn’t even offer less if they wanted to.”
Jerome isn’t the first out-of-state visitor to volunteer that they had a gun, only to be put through the wringer. In December, Tennessee nurse Meredith Graves noticed a “no guns” sign at the World Trade Center site and asked where she could leave her weapon, only to face similar charges

6 comments:

  1. yeah, I'm pretty much done with New York and its violation of the Constitution.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like Matt said...and, what idiot in this country isn't already aware New F487ing York left this country, Constitution wise, years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. His mistake was asking, he could have just turned around if he saw a metal detector or checkpoint.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Matt- Yea I agree as well, as much as I wouuld like to go there to see the 911 memorial, i don't want to without my weapon, so therfore I will look at pics on the internet.

    Stephen-Agreed, he should have done his research better.

    Duke- yep, sometimes it doesnt pay to be honest. He should have just gone back to his room and locked it up in a hotel safe. atleast he wouuldnt be facing jail time...

    ReplyDelete
  5. The real tragic here is that he ASKED! If he were a thug interested in doing harm to someone, he wouldn't have ASKED!
    "Sir, I was mis-informed of the firearm and self defense laws of your state, and, thus, have inadvertantly holstered my sidearm as I do everyday in my home state. I implore of you now my best option; Shall I return said firearm to my vehicle or hotel room, or are there provisions in place for me to check said firearm with some entity, until which time I leave this GOD FORSAKEN HELL-HOLE?

    Now what part of that kind question shows any premeditated plans of threat of violence?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a retired NY peace officer and we can carry anywhere BUT NYC. Retired NYC peace officers can carry in my county though!

    ReplyDelete