Friday, January 20, 2012

Mike Rowe of "Dirty Jobs" and Skilled Labor

I love Mike Rowe of Discovery Channels "Dirty Jobs". If you have never watched, he highlights jobs that most people won't do. Recently he testified before a Senate Committee on the need for more "Skilled Labor" in our country. This is a little long, but worth watching. And I agree with him, how can we as a country promote more "shovel ready" jobs, when there are not enough skilled "shovel ready" workers...

5 comments:

  1. Thanks Mom, I learned something new today, And they say you can't teach an old dog new tricks. woof woof

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we all aready Know I am a blond...so what did you learn?

      Delete
    2. The fact that we in America have a trade shortage. This I was not aware of, SO I learned something new. Normally I would make a smart-ass comment, but because you are one of my favorite bloggers, I won't piss you off. ;)

      Delete
  2. Awesome clip. Well spoken, to the point, and very true. I just can't help but like Mike Rowe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome Montie! Yes Mike Rowe is awesome,and I love his show, some of the things he gets in to on it..

      Delete