For the second time in 2 weeks, I hit my local Food Lion which is slated to go out of business around the 1st of February.I have never been a big fan of that particular chain, I always felt everything was over priced to begin with, and seeing the original prices on the receipt I can see why they are closing stores and restructering.
The first time everything was 25% off, but I only spent 27.00.
This week, they went to 50%- the shelves looked like something I expect when SHTF. There was a line waiting to get in, and most folks werent bothering to look at what they were getting, they were just throwing stuff in the carts, most of the canned items had all ready been picked over. But I did manage to clean out the rest of the Chef Boyardee Spaghetti and Meatballs, and got 4 jars of yeast.
I also did some stock piling of toiletires, such as femine needs, and tooth paste. But then I also got things we use daily, breakfast items for the boys, baking goods, frozen items and ice cream...which surprised me that no one was buying ice cream, the entire cooler was still packed- so we may have to make another trip in the next day or so, since Senior and both boys are ice cream bandits.
I spent 94.00, when I came home and added up what I would have spent without the sale, it totaled 179.68, a $84.00 savings.
The next store closure in my area is Kmart, I stopped in there as well, right now everything is anywhere from 20-50% off, so I am keeping them in check. As I am wanting to get a good deal on items for around the house, and clothes etc....
So my best advice is if you have one of these stores in your area closing, go do some shopping......
Sounds like you got some good deals,wish i lived close by,I would definitely be shopping there!
ReplyDeleteblessings Jane
Yes, some awesome deals..can't wait for the Kmart to reduce stuff more then what they have.
Deleteglad to see you cashing in on the deals! good job JUGM!
ReplyDeleteyour friend,
kymber
Yea, I am probably going to make one more trip, I am thinking Monday things will go to 75% off.
DeleteCheck around your area, and see if there are store closings, all 22 Florida Food Lions are closing their doors, and only underperforming Kmarts.
ReplyDelete