Saturday, January 28, 2012

Vehicle Mandates...

Did you see the article on FOX this morning? California has passed the first of its kind legislation mandating that by 2025 1.4 million cars on the road will either be electric or a hybrid.
I am all for clean air, and saving energy... I am afterall, the person with a clothesline in her back yard..  but not when it is mandated to me. I am sorry, but I love driving my big jeep, and I don't want politicians or enviromentalist telling me I can't. 
It is hard for me to accept this, when I see our President leaving in his big 22 car motorcade, or taking 2 seperate air planes and entourage to the same destination. What is the carbon foot print they are leaving?

Below is the link for the entire article....

California Auto Mandate

7 comments:

  1. I am with mmasse....Follow the money. When I see stupid things like this from our government I wonder about people like us who has to have a big, gas guzzling, high top conversion van to move our Marine from point a to point b.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. your right follow the money and see which lobbyist group or democrat is getting rich. they would make you drive an electric van... : )

      Delete
  2. I suggest shipping all those Chevy Volts that are prone to catching fire to the California Government to let them drive them hoping they catch fire while on the road.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, Since CA wants electric cars, send those volts to them...

      Delete
  3. i agree with everyone,I would like the freedom to choose my own ride! Blessings Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the first senator would be Diane Feinstein. And you're right,batteries leak now, what about these hybrid batteries? Its pure hypocrisy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, now they'll need a whole new governmental division to count'em...

    Dann in Ohio

    ReplyDelete