Saturday, January 7, 2012

My Conservative Kids and What They Say.......

Our youngest is a very opinionated five year old. He does not miss a beat with anything you say to him. Many times we have had to stop him before he speaks.
So it came as no surprise when his kindergarten teacher sent me a private facebook message on a conversation they had in class yesterday about MLK. Thankfully his teacher is a good conservative with Christian values; we had her last year with our oldest. I volunteer in the classroom, and she and I have become good friends.  

This is the exact conversation between him and his teacher:

 He cracked me up today He asked who Martin Luther King was, and before I could answer him He says "Is he a democrat? Democrats are jerks" His classmate asks "What is a democrat?" He then answer "A jerk" I don't know how I kept it together, but I did

Senior and I then sat him down, and explained that actually MLK was a conservative republican. and that believe it or not, not all "brown people ( as he likes to say) are democrats... We told him about Mr. Herman Cain, Condeleeza Rice , and etc.... So I hope our little talk did some good, and he absorbed what he learned.

1 comment: