The event was born out of a conversation between friends, two men that never served in the military but got together and wanted to honor our men and women.
As the effort and word of the parade grew, Vets and organizations from around the country all submitted entries to get involved. Even the famed Budweiser Clydesdales were there in the parade and honoring our troops. An estimated 100,00 spectators turned out yesterday with signs and flags to pay tribute.



Well I think it's about time we honored our Iraq troops! Thank you for sharing. I enjoy your blog posts very much! Blessings Jane
ReplyDeleteThanks Jane, I appreciate that.. I like yours as well.
Deleteoh how awesome! thank you St. Louis for remembering and honouring our vets and soldiers! (i say "our" vets and soldiers because i have served on several American bases and worked with some truly awesome soldiers. i also say "our" because American and Canadian troops have served with each other on numerous outposts).
ReplyDeletethanks for sharing this JUGM!
your friend,
kymber
Yea it does my heart good to see people on both sides of our borders honoring military men and women. Like I have told you before, I remember working at the military phone centers when the Canadian ships pulled in, gosh they can party! ....
ReplyDeleteI you travel throught ST Louis you will see MODOT signs erected honoring the memory servicemen killed in the war on terror
ReplyDelete