Sean Hatfield was last seen on January 1st. He was reported missing by his wife, Nikki, when she came home from her job as a firefighter and Sean was gone.
Nikki knew Sean was depressed about losing his job in late 2012, but he was fine over the holiday. On New Years Eve he was sick with the flu. His wife who was bunking down at the station for the night sent Sean a text message, reports WTKR News.
She told him , "I am going to bed and I hope you feel better, I will see you in the morning. and he wrote back, I love you and that was it," said Nikki.
When she got home, Sean's car was there, his wallet and keys but he was not.
The Virginia Beach police searched for Sean, but they could not locate him.
On Thursday, they return to the home on Aloma Court in Landstown Meadows area of Virginia Beach when Nikki called to say that she saw blood in her garage. The police took a closer look at the plywood enclosure nailed in the attic gables. When they pushed on a piece of plywood it came loose and they found Sean's body in the rafters. A weapon was also found near the body.
Thank you for the update. I fear this kind of thing will unfortunately happen way too often when things get real bad post SHTF. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.
ReplyDeleteThoughts and prayers to the family.
ReplyDeleteSo sad.