Thursday, October 11, 2012

Cool Mornings, and Warm Afternoons

We have had a cold snap. Jack Frost has blown his cool breath across the area and its been in the 50s here in the mornings.. for us that is BRRRRRRR Cold.
But it has warmed up to become a beautiful fall day. The pumpkins are out in massive droves. Halloween is around the corner. I must get on to SENIOR about getting my Halloween items down from the attic.

The baby fish are growing, you can now make out their little eyes and tails. We only have 5 of them left. So I hope they make it.

The other day the boys ran in yelling for me to go out back with them, a butterfly was laying in the grass. Very  beautiful one in deed. Not sure if its a Monarch or not.  ND is an aspiring entomologist. I mean what boy isn't.?  If there is a bug within a five mile radius of our house, he will find it. When Seniors mom passed we found a book with pictures of every possible insect in the world. He likes to carry it around and draw them. So, when he say this butterfly in the yard, he went completely nuts, and hoping it wasn't dying. Explaining nature to a 6 year old is really hard.



A new antique shop has opened in town, I must see if one day Stephens Sweet Wife would like to come up and go off antiquing with me. I am in need of more old canning jars....okay, so its not really a need. Oh gosh, I can see Seniors eyes rolling at me! 

Finally almost done with the baby album I have been working on, only three more pages to go and I can gift it to my friend. She use to be NW and NDs Preschool teacher, so I let the boys pick out a month to design, they chose March and April. 

Got to ride around the community yesterday with our assistant community manager person. She does the inspections for the Homeowners Association. I was her little secretary writing down all the addresses she is sending violation letters to. Well, the political signs are actually getting out of hand around here. People are acting like its a competition of who can have the most signs in their yards.So, she had to send out an email to all residents about it, plus mailing a letter. It is a violation to have any sign other then a "For Sale" sign up. So, I am sure there will be some ticked off people around here.

The VP debate tonight! This will give the American people a good chance to look at Paul Ryan and get to know him. I hope he does well against Biden....

Welp, its time to go get boys from school...can't wait to hear about their adventures. 

7 comments:

  1. Last night was low 30s and today to be in mid 60s. I love this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have the last laugh, since I am on the board for the community that does the violation hearings. Verdict, Yards with Obama Signs, $1000.00 fine, yards with Romney signs get the $1000.00. Re-distribution sucks doesn't it Democrats? Ha Ha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. unfortuantly if it gets to that point, the election will be over and the committee won't care anymore.

      Delete
  3. I'll have her call you...she needs a 'girls day' out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that butterfly is really beautiful!!!! Good luck with the neighborhood sign drama! I like Senior's idea of fining the O's and redistributing the $ too funny!!!!

    ReplyDelete