I first would like to give a big Clothesline Welcome to some new followers PIONEER PREPPY, ROXIE, DAVENDARCY, and KELLY. Some of them have blogs of their own, so click on the links and go over and check them out.
Thanks to all of you for clicking my Follower button, I look forward to reading any comments you leave, and will try my best to respond to them all.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
UPDATE ON THE BABY FRYE:
I put most of the new babies in a holding pen, well that did not work out as well as I thought Because they did not make it : ( So, I have decided to let nature take its course with the remaining 11 that are still in the tank with mom and dad. They are now a week old and doing okay.
Yesterday ND and I were looking in to the tank, and did not see them, then along comes dad and spits them out...I forget that Cichlids will carry the babies in their mouths. It was another aspect of nature I have never seen. It is amazing watching these wonderful parents and the lengths they are going to in order to protect their young.
I know this is not a very good picture, but that is one in front of the white rock. They dart around so fast , that its hard to get a good shot.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
First presidential debate is tomorrow night, to say that I am worried over this election would be an understatement, I am terrified of 4 more years. I hope Romney comes out swinging, and hammers BO. Please, if you are one of the undecided, then please watch..maybe it will help you make up your mind. We live in a community with a HOA, we were told at the last meeting that no one is allowed to put up political signs, and those who have all ready done so will get sent a letter and told to take them down. I was happy to hear this because I know how it would tick off all the BO supporters around here.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Got chores to do around the house today, would have liked to hang clothes out to dry, but mother nature had other plans, more rain off and on today for us. A front is suppose to stall out..just what we need! more rain..in addition to the over 70 inches we have had this summer. Wish I could send it to those folks who really need it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I've been dealing with a headache for nearly two days now, I think it is my eyes. I am putting off the inevitable and must get them checked. It has been a while since the last time I went to a eye doctor and even then he told me to start using a pair of reading glasses..which I pretty much ignored.
You know, it really sucks getting old... : (


Wow! That's alot of rain! We started getting some here and there it's like miracle water for the garden! Sorry about your babies :( It sounds like the parents are taking good care of the rest!
ReplyDeleteYea, it bummed me out about the babies, But honestly--I can handle 11 better then the 75-100 that were intially. And of course my kids wanted to keep every one of them. So, I am okay that nature is taking her own path.
DeleteTons, of Rain, if it were snow, we would still be buried in it. Atleast my collards and Carrots are loving it now.
Came across your blog through Kelly! LOVE YOUR BLOG NAME!! I enjoyed reading your posts and yes I am watching the PRES.DEBATES~~~~~GO ROMNEY! (AND NOT ASHAMED TO SAY IT) We need to stop being political (DEM or REP) and get back to GODLY principals and basics for what is BEST for this country!! I hope you feel better soon...I will be praying! From one sweetie to another~~~Roxie
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by and hitting my follower button. Headache this evening seems a tad better. Thanks for the prayers.
DeleteDoesnt it amaze you, that politicians have allowed God to be taken out of everything..but yet in a national crisis, who is the first one we turn to? Yep ! thats right-God.
I am visiting you from Kelly's blog. I will be your newest follower.
ReplyDeleteBeth
welcome Beth! Thanks for hitting my follower button. I saw on Kellys that you have one as well, i will swing by later and check it out.
DeleteSorry about the headaches.
ReplyDeleteI am glad I have EMT, so I have an excuse. It to watch the debates.