With my hand still wrapped up and being on limited duty. Yesterday , I sent Senior to the cannery, this time he took our buddy "Rebel". He is a good friend and fellow group member, and he has been asking to go. Senior was thrilled to introduce him to our LDS friends.
Rebel was like a kid in a candy store ! He purchased wheat, beans, and non-fat dry milk. Senior said it was hard to get him out, however when they got there the boys couldn't actually do any canning as that area was all ready shut down for the day. So, we are hoping next time Rebel goes he can actually take part in the process as its a fun, learning experience.
Senior has also been working hard on the excel file for our inventory list, now that he is in a statistics class in college he has been nuking the heck out of that poor list.....I told him to nuke the most commonly picked lottery numbers and get us a winning ticket, then we can go buy about a hundred acres somewhere in the middle of no where, which would be my perfect vision of utopia.... : )
So again, like I always do with the LDS, I encourage you all to find a cannery near you and check it out, or you can go through their website and order...
I wish we lived near a cannery. I would love to get more than the staples I purchase from their on-line site. I think the nearest one to me is over a 5 hour drive. My neighbor who is Mormon has said she will take me with her the next time her ward has the cannery items to use. I think they only have it available to their ward every couple of years.
ReplyDeleteHope your hand is healing as it should be!
Just a note of thanks for the kind words from you lately. Please take care and have a speedy recovery. I hope to get to a LDS Cannery sometime.
ReplyDelete