I get looks and comments all the time in stores, especially in regards to our youngest. He is very outspoken, and doesn’t meet a stranger. We have had our hands full with teaching him about “Stranger dangers”
I will tell you all right now; I am a real B---- when people approach my children. Once, some elderly lady saw shoes untied on my oldest and without asking me she took it upon herself to tie them, and I let her have it, I am sorry, but no body touches one of my kids.
So in this episode I watched, there was a mother and son being followed home by 2 home invaders, in the first scenario she was clueless and her husband got shot and killed. Second scenario she hurried in the house, told her husband she was being followed and husband shot both intruders dead. The third and final scenario had her being aware of being followed, calling her husband and keeping him on the phone until she led the strangers to the police station and to safety.
Since watching the show, I have started making it a habit to be more aware of who is around me, especially while getting in the vehicle, which I believe is when I am at my most vulnerable. I have taken notice of people in line with me at stores, and getting mental pictures of them in my head. It is my hope that I can hone this mental skill now so that if the time ever arises that I need to give the police a description that I will be sharp with details. However, I know that all this is good and a great exercise… but as a concealed weapons carrier with 2 small children, I will defend my family first.
Good for you. I'll have Sweet Wife read this post too...
ReplyDeleteYes please have her read it...and a Big Hello to her!
DeleteVery good. We had an 82 yr old man shot and kill someone breaking into his house. Sheriff said he will not be charged. OPSSEC is very important to everyone.
ReplyDeleteWell Senior does have a 20 year degree in OPSSEC. and lets face it, it can be sort of fun.
DeleteWe seem to be living in a time when you just can't be too careful! Too many nuts or criminals,it pays to be alert!
ReplyDeleteBlessings Jane
No Jane in these times you can't be too careful. I think people tend to get a bit lax on the subject
Deletekeeping you and your children safe is the most important thing of all. i am glad that Senior showed you that program and i am glad that you got out of it all that you did. being hyper-aware when out in public is not exactly fun (although sometimes it can be ;))it can be, but it is something that we have to deal with living in this crazy world.
ReplyDeleteyour friend,
kymber
You know watching folks can be fun. and I think this is topic I could make a little series out of on here.
DeleteI agree. We all need to be more aware of what, and who, is around us.
ReplyDeleteAmen to that !
Delete