Friday, March 23, 2012

My Week

This has been an sad week..I hope it ends on a better note.. 
First, Wednesday and Thursday while taking boys to school, we have encountered car accidents. Not just little fender benders, but total destruction ones. Wednesday it was a girl who pulled out of our community and on to a busy State Road. she did not look , and hit a motorcyclist. He was taken to the hospital in critical condition. The police handed the girl all kinds of tickets..I havent heard an update to the motorcyle rider, but I am hoping he will be okay.

Thursday, we again are headed to school, and get to the interstate, when I see all kinds of blue and red flashing lights. " Not again" I thought..  a small car had collided with a logging truck. They both had a green light, but the car driver did not have a green arrow in order to safely turn left, she went anyways right in to the path of the truck..unfortunantly her mother the passanger was killed. The car was virtually bent in half..I have never seen such carnage. It looked awful  The driver of the car is in critical condition, and the truck driver got some minor injuries. I know it was the cars fault, but I have witnessed many times how these logging truck drive, and there is no way he was doing the posted 45mph.

Then Thursday evening, a bit of sad news for the friends and family of an old High School Classmate of mine. She passed away from a progressive form of Lou Gherigs diseaase. It depressed me so much last night, because she was only a year older then me, and left behind her high school sweetheart husband and 2 children who are not much older then my boys. I remember her fondly from school, and the brief time she was my childhood next door neighbor, I even have a pic of us together as little girls. She was such a beautiful person inside and out..I know she is in a better place...But I pray for her family that they may find solace during this tough time. I hate it for her babies though, it really makes me sad to think of children losing a parent at such a young age. So last night, I hugged mine a little bit more, and kissed their little cheeks, and told them how much mommy and daddy love them.

So, now its on to our weekend and yard work for us, I just put in 2 trays of marigolds around our maple trees and now we are going to put in a  fresh layer of mulch in all the beds. I enjoy working outdoors, it makes me happy to be digging in the earth, and watching things grow, I think it will be good therapy after such a sad week and a reminder to me that life does go on......

6 comments:

  1. Very sad stories to hear. Some drivers think they own the road. I would never pull out in front of a truck. Very big and hard to stop, much like a train.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am still so "down" about it all.. And yes these trucks are awful...they get paid by how many loads they can take per day, and whenever you pull out on to the State Road, you are taking a risk. Atleast weekly we see some sort of accident involving these trucks... terrible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. JUGM - i am sorry that you had such a "down" week...it's to be expected after witnessing all of those accidents! i hope that by getting out in the yard over the weekend that you can commune with nature and feed your sad spirit. i think that once you get your hands in the dirt and are kneeling on the ground - your spirits will lift! i'll be saying an extra special prayer for you tonight.

    your friend,
    kymber

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Kymber-- I stopped and got yet another tray of marigolds for around my trees. And tonight I am hoping that Senior does a fire in our pit, so I can crank up my margarita machine. it does sort of worry me, seeing 2 accidents in a row...like Is there a hidden message in this? or is it just coincidence... My brain is in over drive about it.

      Delete
  4. hon - it might just be a coincidence - or it might be a reminder to love your babies and your gorgeous Senior and a reminder to get out there over the weekend and plant your beautiful marigolds and enjoy a margharita or two?!?!?!? all in all - i think you got the message yourself - enjoy life and all of those in it!

    you better take pics after you plant all of the marigolds...i can't plant anything outside for several weeks yet - so i will vicariously plant through you!

    lots of love to you and yours always, your friend,
    kymber
    xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouragment. I ould have had margaritas by a fire tonight but mother nature had other plans...oh well, we really need the rain.
      Yes after we put a fresh layer of mulch down, I promise to a a short post on my pretty new marigolds....

      Delete