Tuesday, July 10, 2012

My Quiet Week..

It is mid-summer, and blasted hot and humid.  My house this week is so quiet that it is deafening. I had gotten used to the boys being home and listening to their playing and arguing..They are in the midst of Vacation Bible School at my sisters church, it is a really big deal too, this place has gone all out to make sure each child has a wonderful experience.
Some 1600 kids ages 4-14 are attending, this years theme is Creation and  the church brought in dinosaurs, and built a solar system. They also constructed several museums for the kids to go through.  My sister is also teaching kindergartners and is having a wonderful time doing so.

So, with Senior out working, and the kids gone every day until 1pm, I am left with me, myself, the cat and the dog and a tank full of fish..This morning after dropping off the boys I returned home to do some laundry, then hung it out to dry, changed all of our bed sheets, showered and scrubbed mine and Seniors shower. Then i got the call from Senior who was in need of JUGMS ATV Tow Service, one of our mowers was stuck at the edge of a rentention pond...I told him It would there would be an additional fee for "Hazzardous Terrain Extraction"..ha ha 

I then watered all my little baby cucumber plants, over 22 of the little ones are growing nicely (see them below)... On Sunday Senior built me another box, and  we put bush green beans in it. Little ND went out to play yesterday and came in screaming we had baby green beans...he put some grass blades in it trying to trick us..  : )


The Gift Card Debacle has been resolved. Seniors dad sent them some birthday money--so it worked out in the end, but I did make them wait before going shopping again which about killed both of the boys..I just hope that NW learned his lesson about sharing.

okay tick tock goes the clock, looks to be getting cloudy out. I need to go remove the laundry before we get a rain shower..not like that hasnt happend before!  Soon I will need to go pick my little loves , I think I shall stop for a Chocolate Chip Frappacino from McDonalds on the way. I then will hear all about their day at VBS. Yesterday they were all a buzz with excitement and I know today will be no different.
 Senior has class tonight, and I promised the boys a bag of hot krystal burgers and might surprise them with a cold DQ Blizzard...ohhh yeaaaaaaa

10 comments:

  1. the church camp sounds awesome - i want to go!!! i remember Brownies and Girl Guide Camp every summer - i loved it! your cukes are coming up nice - did you think to plant radishes or beets on the outside? maybe some herbs? that's a beautiful bed and if you put in some stakes just behind each cuke you can train them upwards leaving all of that extra room to grow more stuff. i am glad that the debacle has been solved - teehee - kids, eh?

    i think i forgot to ask, or did ask and don't remember the answer - or some such thing - what classes is Senior taking?

    your friend,
    kymber

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I am dieing to go to the Creation VBS, the dinos alone are awesome.. Friday is a Splash day, and swimsuits are required...

    The Cukes are the "Picklebush" no runners..Plant radishes on the outside of the cukes? I was planning on the small carrots in the fall.

    Senior is majoring in Logistics and Transportation / Business

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. heck - maybe you should sign us up....we're both pretty young looking, maybe we could pass as elementary school kids??? bahahhahahaahah! ok, as to the cukes - get those green tomatoe cage thingies - do you know what i mean? and yes - you can plant radishes, beets, chives, herbs, onions and/or carrots all down the front and back of the cukes - you have tons of room in that bed. how deep is the bed?

      Delete
    2. Senior built them about 2-3 ft. deep. I am thinking about the little baby carrots, or radishes..not big on beets
      (yack) : )

      Delete
    3. yep - then you have tons of room for radishes and baby carrots and herbs too! get out there and do some more plantin' gurly - bahahahahah!

      Delete
  3. We had a neighbor back home that hooked her kids up with every VBS she could find to keep her kids away from home.

    Just wait school is around the corner. Walmart here is getting BTS supplies in, stored in the garden center, and we saw a Target BTS ad already too. My youngest daughter starts online school Aug. 13th.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a friend that does that too... Our walmart as well has BTS supplies, we wait though until the tax free weekend.

      Delete
  4. You can come hang out with me:)

    Oh kymber, I remember girl scout camp too...fun times. I still have my cheesy uniform.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i don't have my uniform any more but i still have all of my badges...i think we're both pretty gay - bahahahahahahahah!

      Delete