We got down to the venue and met up with a few other friends; DUKE, PIRATE JIM and REBEL. One thing I have noticed in recent years is how long the line to get in has grown and, how fast the hall fills up. It opened at 9am, and by 11am, it was a shoulder to shoulder traffic jam . We also noticed today how much things have gone up...some of the prices on guns, and ammo was ridiculous, but none more crazy then a guy selling range bags..
Senior and I did not purchase any firearms today, but did get some odds and ends. I am putting together a little medical kit for my BOB, and found some Israel first aid items, got some kid sized para cord bracelets for our boys, and I purchased a very nice Roma concealed carry purse, its a messenger bag style which is what I was looking for. Senior picked up a ammo can full of 40 cal ammo... turned out to be about $.26 a round.
But the best deal I got was on the "Enemies Foreign and Domestic" series by Matthew Bracken. I got all three books for 12.00 each..they go for 20.00 on amazon. Three years ago I borrowed the series from Stephen, and have since wanted my own copies...they are that good- and a MUST READ !!! The sellers know Mr. Bracken and have been trying to get him to do a book signing at a future gun show, I hope he will accept and participate, I would like to one day meet him.
We found this to be the loneliest booth at the gun show:
Rebel And I came across this read...
Then we opened it:

After walking around for a couple of hours, getting separated a few times, and debating over the purchase of a Henry Repeating Firearm..which we decided not to purchase, we left and Senior treated me out to lunch : )




sounds like a really nice day! glad that you got to hang with the boys and excellent find on the books! whaddjya have for lunch?
ReplyDeleteyour friend,
kymber
since i did not get my cheeseburger the other night, we went to a place called "whataburger"... they are pretty good.
DeleteHoly moly. I can't believe those government weenies were there.
ReplyDeleteOh yes Matt!..they are at every show. Senior and I like to try to pick out the ones who are incognito, walking around and trying to blend in...
DeleteThanks for stopping by the shop on your way home. It was nice to hug the boys.
ReplyDeleteIt was nice to see you too!
DeleteWhen I was getting my FFL done, I actually found the ATF booth to be pretty helpful. The ATF nationwide is no good, but on the local level they just seem to be people happy to have a job with benefits. I don't know if that excuses them though...
ReplyDeleteMine and Seniors problem is that we know a former ATF agent that is now a pencil pusher with the treasury dept. Only he STILL thinks and acts like he is in the ATF..so it has left a bad taste with us...
DeleteGlad you all had a good time.
ReplyDelete