Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Not PC to chant "U.S.A"


When a school and students are criticized in this country for chanting "U.S.A" it is a very sad day for America. I was appalled to hear of this such incident occuring after a high school basketball game in San Antonio, TX.
The Alamo Heights team who is pretty much caucasion, beat the predominantly hispanic San Antonio Edison High School team. The San Antonio school district took the chant as a racial insult. They also went on to say that it was dissappointing to hear anyone make 'Those Kinds of Remarks" .... 

Now, the Alamo school district has apologized, the basketball coach apologized, the students are having to personally apologize, and those involved  that have been identified are banned from going to the State Title Game... All because they chanted USA, USA, USA.
 Is it not enough that we have a President who constantly apologizes to the world , now its Not PC to chant USA ?  on American Soil? What about during the Olympics?  I guess we should just write out a standard apology letter now so we can cover all our bases.

So,  I trust that every time Latin Americans, Latinos, or just plain illegal Mexicans demonstrate in the U.S. waving Mexican flags, leaders of those communities will likewise apologize for the racial nature of those demonstrations?

If the high school basketball  game had gone the other way, and the San Antonio team had started shouting "Viva La Mexico" would there have been the same outcry of racism? Would their school system been appalled by the actions, and apologized?  Sorry, but I think not... 



6 comments:

  1. I would like to see how they could ban anyone from going to a title game, That would make a good news story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea it would, I think ignoring the school district and going anyways, would send a powerful message.

      Delete
  2. It's becoming very dangerous in some parts of this country to be white or Jewish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SCREW THEM. You don't like it go back across to Mexico.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. exactly!.. because it was all okay when the Mexican soccer fans chanted racial slurs against the USA team back in July. Never heard an apology for that one did ya?

      Delete