I haven't been online much in the past couple of days.. It is the busy season for us, and Both Senior and I are thrust in to the middle of our work. It is a first for me, because now the boys are in school, I can help more. I am enjoying and it is helping with my weight loss issue. Yesterday I got to install 3 trays of grass plugs for an elderly client, and then today we rented a tiller and did some work at my sisters house. Plus, we got the most excellent news of getting awarded yet another commercial property to mow...so our little business has been very blessed.
Sunday was my friend who past aways viewing. I was so depressed and sad that afterwards I stopped by my neighbors house for a few margaritas. I know, you all probably think my middle name is "margarita" with as much as I talk about them.. I promise I am no lush. --But they are just so darn good.
So we are sitting around talking, and her husband lights off their fire pit, only he has no traditional fire wood, but uses instead some of her dead hibiscus plants..let me tell you those things can burn..
our conversation goes to guns and how my friend has her CWL.. I was floored. Because of all the people out there I would have NEVER figured she would be a person that would carry.She is European, and has never struck me as a Pro-Gun Rights person. The conversation has never arose , and I am never one to approach the subject either, I just keep things to myself.
Her husband then tells me how before he left for Afghanistan as a private contractor, he encouraged her to get her license, and purchase a gun. She chose the Lady Smith and Wesson Revolver with laser grips. I then heard about how she just loves her little gun, and how she likes shooting it.... So I was like " Alrighty Then!!!"... " When do you want to go to the range for a ladies day? " So we are, after spring break is over.
The night ended with a couple more drinks, and her whipping out some Greek Green Olive Hummus..I had never had it before, but I actually liked it. I then walked home to a lonely Senior who was stuck here with the kids.... : ) Who stated " I thought I was going to have to send your PJ's Over there for you".. Ahahahahah....He is so funny!
isn't it nice when you learn something surprising about a friend? i am glad that she shared that information with you! as for hummus - it is dead easy to make - we make it all the time. let me know if you want the recipe - you can make it and add just about anything you want!
ReplyDeletei am very glad that you had a nice evening with your friends! your friend,
kymber
The thing is...I can't stand olives..but this I liked. So yes...give me a recipe. They are coming over next weekend for margaritas and a fire...so I can surprise them with my own home made hummus... : ) TY my friend.
DeleteSorry about your loss. Glad you had a nice evening and really there is no such thing as too many margaritas:)
ReplyDeleteThank you for the sentiment. : )
DeleteI know...saying a person has had too many margaritas is like saying there are too many flowers in the world..