As you all know I was excited about the new episodes of Doomsday Preppers. However, half way in to the first show, it turned a bit dismal to me. Stephen has all ready touched on some of the points, but I will elaborate more.
I was afraid from the onset that Natgeo was painting preppers in a negative light, even with the commercials for it, I kept telling Senior that they are making a joke out it. The folks they picked were flea market quality at best, and made us all look like Right Wing Wack Jobs. What else would I have expected? after all it is liberal TV.
The girl fromHouston really irked me the most, to begin with I felt like she was “not all there” . I know some of my readers are from Texas , I have been to Houston on many occasions, and trust me when I say this: No way in Hell are you going to be able to hoof it out on foot if SHTF. She had a six mile hike to her bug out vehicle, and IF she made it out, she then faced the odds of the vehicle being stolen or all the gas siphoned out. And the “Weed Man of L.A” oh Lord! The overweight truck driver did make a few good points, on gas shortages, etc...
The girl from
So, if you watched what are some of your opinions ?
Well uhhhhhh...."party girl" in Houston....definite nut job.
ReplyDeleteI did like the truck driver, he made me grin.
The container fort people with the bug out goats...well, I hollered "BUG OUT" at my dog Herbie.....and he ran across the living room and jumped on the couch. I reckon if I had a couple of buses and stock trailers the result may have been different....I had to try.
I am pretty much with ya on the rest....and I loved the "gourmet prepper" woman and Scott...they seemed real. (however, I have no doubt where the dinner guests will head)
Not to mention that "party girl" then went off and joined the military, where she said her talents for survival are best suited.
DeleteThe goat people..I tried that with the boys this morning to get them out of bed, and the oldest said "one more minute mom"
yes, gourmet prepper lady did seem real, but your right, with her hosting those parties etc...every one will know where to go, and what she has. But I am going to coat cheese in wax..that was smart.
Sorry, I'll stick with Stephen's line: "white trash on parade"
ReplyDeleteThat trucker gave out his address when he gave out his ham radio call sign, WC2V If wanted to go to his home and say "hello" , I could now.
Houston girl is nuts going through town by herself and struck me as very unstable.
The folks up north that won't have guns are toast if the hoards come, and now they've announced that they are defenseless, they are idiots.
Yep, they have gone on national tv and have told every one what they have and how many years worth..not smart!
DeleteIts not saying much about our military since they let the Houston girl in...
I missed that bunch up north, that was after I went to bed, but did DVR it.
Didn't watch it, sounds like I didn't miss much.
ReplyDeleteNo you didn't miss much, at best it was comical, Senior and I were rolling our eyes at each other...
DeleteYou already know how I feel about the show. I doubt I'll watch another. Shame, though, NatGeo had a chance to help alot of good people and blew it with their liberal coverage.
ReplyDeleteit is a shame, they could have done so much more with that show. But like i knew, they made a joke out of it.
DeleteBeing that I am a newbie in all of this, I thought that NatGeo made a monkey out of all of them. I would never go on TV and say this is what I have and this is what I am going to do.
ReplyDeleteLike I said, they found the best flea market quality people and made us all look like a bunch of nut jobs.
DeleteRob, I would, and I'll do it right now.
ReplyDeleteMy name is Joe, I live in Kansas City. I got tons of food, no guns, and 18 year old daughters (and sons, if you are into that). Come visit me please when SHTF.
Just don't go to Southern Colorado. Nothing to see there.
Oh, and in Kansas City, we'll have the XBox live tourney, too. Bring your friends, and avoid Southern Colorado.
Bahahahaha!!!! and in Kansas we will also have a large gourmet dinner and celebrate SHTF with a toast after wards... : )
DeleteJUGM - didn't see it. we don't have tv. doesn't look like i missed much. but thanks for the review.
ReplyDeleteyour friend,
kymber
NO TV? That's it. Seal Team 6 is gonna have to invade Canada to haul you in.
DeleteAccording to them, nothing bad will ever happen again. Ever.
see now that is the beautiful part.. In this day in age of modern technology, you can go online and watch full episodes.. I bet they are also on You Tube.
DeleteI watched it and was dumb-struck. Why would you tell the world where you are and what you have? The Houston twit loss me when she said, "We'll shoot the cats." I did like the gourmet cook tho, but, she was much to free with info.
ReplyDeleteYea Sharon she gave being a Twit a whole new meaning.. Can't believe she said they would shoot the cats..I bet PETA is in a uproar...
DeleteThe truck driver got busted this week after the show ended. His Doc ratted him out, probably after seeing all his guns on TV.
ReplyDeleteIt was kind of funny to watch him manuever about on the show with his shotgun. Poor guy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUv9pjxq5QI&feature=uploademail
Oh that's horrible. I watched that video. You can just listen to him and tell he wasn't suicidal.
DeleteHe got seriously messed over.
But I must say, had he practiced good OPSEC and not showed up on Doomsday Preppers, he'd still has his weapons and YouTube Channel.
Matt
thats messed up! not only had he used OPSEC, but he also should have kept a cache of weapons and gave them his crappy ones..... thanks for sharing that. I hope it works out for him....
DeleteOh yeah, I forgot to include this link for the Tx chick. It is an chat with her after the show.
ReplyDeletehttp://freethoughtblogs.com/rockbeyondbelief/2012/02/08/how-nat-geo-misrepresented-the-foxhole-atheist-doomsday-prepper-megan-hurwitt/
Thank You S-W for stopping by and posting those links....
Delete