Saturday, February 18, 2012

Saturday...Last day of the Week...

I ended my week, by having to take both boys shoe shopping. With the way they scuff their feet, they wore holes in  the bottoms of shoes I had just bought them in August. And again, can hardly find lace shoes, so Velcro it is again...  : (  
I must have been asking for it, because I invited my mother along, you know my same mother that thinks "nothing bad can ever happen"... well, Thank God I had half a pot of coffee this morning and a whole anti-depressant, with out them both I doubt I would have survived dealing with her, and 2 boys out shopping.. We started talking well, here is the jest of our conversation:

Mother: "Do you think the president will get re-elected" ?
ME: " Yes, but IF he doesn't, look out for rioting"
Mother: "Rioting!!!"  " your not serious"
ME: " yes" and shaking my head
Mother: "I spent 200.00 last night on groceries, and have nothing to show for it"
ME: " everything is getting expensive, wait until gas is 10.00 a gallon, and a loaf of  bread is 5.00 a loaf, now you see why I am learning to make my own"
Mother: " what are you Amish?, and what's with this car of yours being so high? Is this how you like it" ?
ME: <---- bangs her head on the steering wheel!

Knowing the area we were going to be in, I did something today I have not done in a while, I got out my wrap holster ( I call it that, because it literally wraps around your waste and you fit your gun in pockets on the side) and i carried on person today. I have recently gotten in to the habit of carrying a concealed purse, but lately this particular area of her town as gotten much worse, and I felt better with my glock on my side.

Senior is off with group friends today, so I am making a good spaghetti dinner, and home made Italian herb bread...the kitchen smells delicious...I hope the family enjoys it. We have also been camper shopping, wanting to get out of the one we have, and in to something a bit bigger..I like those with bunk beds for the kids.

This has been a heck of week in my area, we lost a great police detective and our good friend Duke lost his sweet mother in law. My sister new her very well, and is deeply saddened.His mother in law was a very beautiful person inside and out, all though I did not know her personally, I have heard my sister speak of her on many occasions, and I felt like I knew her. Our prayers goes out to his family during this sad time....

So on to a new week, Hope its a good one for all of you.....

No comments:

Post a Comment