We did a half and half mixture of white all purpose flour and hard white wheat
Mixed all ingrediants and kneeded it on a lightly oiled surface, and let it rise.Until it doubled
Shaped it in to a loaf pan
And baked it on 350 for 35 minutes and the results:
WERE DELICIOUS!!!!!!!
It was so good that Senior ate about 4 slices with our dinner last night. And both boys asked for more.
Now I am ready to try some other varieties of bread...
Good for you. Excellent work and it looks great.
ReplyDeleteTY! I would bring you a loaf but the good nurses probably wouldnt like that...
DeleteVery pretty loaf!!! I am going to start baking some bread next week and my mouth is watering,can't wait! Blessings Jane
ReplyDeleteLooks delicious, thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteOh It was really good. Thanks by the way stopping by my clothesline.. hope to see you again.
Deletewe have been making our own bread for a while now...not from scratch like you but from flour. tomorrow i plan on trying some flatbread - i love pita and hummus. but gurl - you rock making the bread totally from scratch! gonna have to try and follow your example. time to find a wheat grinder.
ReplyDeletethanks for sharing hon. your bread looks freakin awesome!
your friend,
kymber
Ive been doing those box mixes, until we started buying the wheat berries, and Senior bought the hand grinder which after the first time, I now want an electric one, Cause it took a while...lol. I warmed up a few pieces this morning with butter and sprinkled a little sugar on time...and wow was it good!. I would like to try pita, that sounds yummy
Deletestop being so humble - you freakin rock! oh ya - i love pita! and it's much easier to make than regular bread! xox
DeleteMy Grandma made bread for time to time, but it was the frozen dough. BUT still...OMG
ReplyDelete