Wednesday, February 15, 2012

The School Lunch Intrusion.....


You can imagine my anger when I logged on to DRUDGE yesterday and saw the story about the little pre-schooler who’s lunch was confiscated by school officials for not meeting USDA guidelines. That morning her mother packed her a turkey and cheese sandwich, banana, chips, and juice. But it contained no vegetables. Then the mother gets a bill for the chicken nugget lunch. They took a four year olds lunch box and probably scared the child to death, then replaced it with chicken nuggets? How much healthier is that?




 Okay, I as a mom would all ready be guilty of such criminal behavior. My boys usually get a sandwich and chips, or fruit cup. . They are allowed (due to the extra expense) to purchase lunch from the cafeteria on Fridays, that’s Pizza Day. I am all for healthy eating, our boys do get veggies…usually at supper time with us, so I can make sure they eat them, for me to put them in their lunch box would be a waste, because our oldest would only throw them out. Our youngest is the opposite, he can tear it up with the vegetables, he has always loved them…especially his broccoli.

 But this is plainly what Michelle Obamas food initiative is creating:
“A FOOD POLICE.”

 Upon reading about the story, I turned to Senior and told him if I had been the mother, then I would have had to be restrained due to the shouting match I would have gotten in to at that school.

If this story does not create an outrage, and make people see the lengths our government is going to, in order to interfere in our daily lives then something is wrong. We have people in Washington telling  us what and how much to feed our kids, and if it doesn’t meet what they think is appropriate then they will just seize it…Something is seriously wrong in this country when they take a four year olds lunch box. It’s no ones business what we feed our kids. That is why they are OUR kids, because we the parents are the ones who brought them in to this world, not the government. And it’s not up to the government to tell me what I can and can’t do.

Has anyone thought recently about the things that the government is now telling us to do…..  Here is an example:


         What laundry detergents to use
            what cars to drive
          what light bulbs to buy
          our air travel
           our money
           our healthcare
           our environment
The foods we eat
         and most importantly our Independence and Patriotism..

Little by little, in some way every day we the people are losing more control over our households..when will enough be enough?

4 comments:

  1. and to think that they are just getting warmed up.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yea no kidding...wait till he gets re-elected, then its going to get interesting.

      Delete
  2. Really unbelievable. My husband told me about the Drudge article and I was speechless. I said, "Maybe THIS will wake people up," but sadly, probably not. Don't know what it's going to take.

    ReplyDelete