Friday, February 17, 2012

In Honor of Detective White....A Local Fallen Hero



I am dedicating todays post to the memory of a local fallen police deputy.. his name is Detective David White. Last night at approx. 6pm, he and fellow officers were investigating a vacant  home for a possible Meth Lab.it was being occupied by squatters.
 At first they were met at the door by one of the POS squatters it  was slammed in the officers face, they then forced their way in and immediately were met with gunfire. Detective White was shot in the head and killed instantly, his partner shot through the arm and is recovering. The shooter then ran out the back of the house and was shot and killed by the other detectives.Five other men inside the home were then arrested and hopefully will face murder charges.

Detective White was 35 years old, He was a loving husband, and father of two, a son, and a good friend to many. He was also an Army Veteran and proudly served his community and country with the highest of honor. He went where others dared not go. We pray for his family and all those that knew him, May God give them comfort during this time.... RIP  Detective White.


3 comments:

  1. JUGM - i used to work for the Solicitor General of Canada writing speeches, communiques, bios and press releases. whenever one of our federal level police officers (RCMP) were killed in the line of duty - i had to write the news release. it was just awful. i always thought about their family's and their family reading the news release that i was writing.

    what you wrote here is touching, sincere and worthy of a press release. very good job, my friend. very good job!

    your friend,
    kymber

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You ....I admit though, that while I did not "copy and paste" the first paragraph, I did revert back to this mornings news story on it, to make sure my facts were correct.

      This happend just 2 counties over from where I live, so its like one of our own has perished..so damn sad. I can't imagine the pain knowing that last night when the wife kissed her husband goodbye, that it was for the last time... or worse, what if because of work hours they missed each other, and never got that last goodbye kiss? breaks my heart.

      Delete
  2. No words I can say, express the feeling of loss. He is a hero, and will be missed by many.
    He, and his family, and friends, and co-workers, are in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete