Tuesday, February 28, 2012

My Rant....The Governments Assault on Our Military

Had things going on today, but its  all been in the back of my mind, and trying to find ways to put it down in to a post. I want to rant and rave, but not sound like I am whinning. It is hard for me to find ways to share my thoughts in an accurate way and try to sound intelligent.  Senior did 20 years, I did most of those along with him as a Navy Wife...It is something I am very proud of. We both have seen a lot, and been through a lot.There are lots of things about active duty life I miss...like seeing that ship pull in from a deployment, or watching the guys stand and raise "The Colors" in the mornings, and lower them in the evenings. I really miss visiting Senior on his duty days and eating dinner with him in the Chiefs mess. But now, the all out assault  by the Left on our military makes me glad we are retired.
For me, it all started with the ERB, basically laying off our active duty who have between 5-15 years in. I have made several posts on here about the subject, asking for readers to sign a petition. So now Congress has recently approved the 15 year retirement. So out of the 2947 who got pink slips, only about 300-350 will qualify for this. Okay, thats great...its better then nothing right?  wrong! Now, the Navy has given pink slips to 2200 officers, and hired 2100 new enlisted personal ranks E4-E6, why? to fill "Undermaned" rates ...but wait! You just layed off 2947 in rates that were "overmanned" ...it makes me want to say WTF!


And now on to the most recent issue...our TRICARE Health Insurance. This is another assault by the administration against our military. Lots of civilians believe that our insurance is free...I am here to tell you that is Wrong.Those enrolled in TRICARE Standard must carry a TRICARE supplemental policy or they risk facing major costs for their medical care since they are liable for at least 25% of their health care costs without a supplement. Those in TRICARE Prime already pay enrollment fees. And those in TRICARE For Life must pay the annual Medicare Part B enrollment fee. But to see the rates for the DoD civilians is not going to increase, is nothing short of absurd, and purely unfair.
The VA and TRICARE are an earned benefit, from serving this country in time of need and laying their lives down for our freedom. To take this away will threaten our all volunteer force, they are breaking a promise to those who sacrificed so much to defend a "grateful nation". Politicians, including Obama have not missed a chance to show their gratitude to our countrys veterans, but now all that praise is just mere words during a photo op.
In the words of Senator Jim Webb: "  lifetime health care for career military personnel is part of a moral contract between our government and those who have stepped forward to serve"

I remember in 2008, then candidate Obama during a stop in Florida talked of the need for a "Civil Police Force" I recall it very clearly because of how it scared me. He said the state and local agencies are under manned to handle the increase of crimes across this country.  Is this his goal? Abolish the all volunteer force by any means neccessary ?, I feel they want to reinstitute the draft and create this so called "civil force"  and enforce the policies of the left by any means neccessary upon the people of this great country.
I am starting to bang my head against the wall here, it is so frustrating to me how anyone can vote for this...but alas, I know all too well, there are many of those out there who don't care, they think things in this country are fine, and are pretty much uneducated on the issues. And  yes unfortuantly..there are those even in our military that will still vote for this President or for any liberal for that matter.

11 comments:

  1. "And yes unfortuantly..there are those even in our military that will still vote for this President or for any liberal for that matter."

    And anyone, military or civilian, that votes for him, better not ask me to help them when they get screwed by him.

    I'll not lift a finger to help them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Senior and I both look at each other every day and say that same thing..."When SHTF, they better not come to us for help, cause it aint gonna be there"...

      Delete
  2. Before you even went there, I was thinking about this "Civil Police Force".Seems to be a setting up of circumstances to me. This current administration scares the Hell outta me. WE MUST FIRE THEM ALL!

    As for Tricare, A good friend's son , who recently returned from a stint in Iraq, posted recently about some dealings with TriCare. Seems, after sending them a sizable amount of money, was declined for coverage. And to top it all off, they asked for the last half month's payment! WTF? (I don't know much about the subject, just what he has told me)

    ReplyDelete
  3. agreed! very scary indeed and you are right,they all must go.

    About your friends son, its possible he only has what is called "tricare standard" which means he has to carry a suplemental policy, and why he needed a sizeable amount of money could be he is not on active duty anymore. But if he is single and on active duty, he shouldnt need it at all. We have only had the Tricare Prime, and I really am not up to speed on the standard version, not alot of medical offices accept that anyways.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I could find where I read that the navy has more flag officers than it has warships, alas I'm betting that 2200 didn't include anyone who already had stars on their uniform.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can believe that...and yes I am sure those 2200 layed off, were little Ensigns or LTJGs.

      Delete
  5. Mom you know my feelings about the men and women in our military. One of these days someone is going to snap and snap hard. I am finding out just who I can trust and who is a liberal. I will help most folks out, but if I find out you are a liberal, my time helping you just became limited.

    When we registered to vote 2 weeks ago, my oldest daughter says to me,"What are we??" I told her Republican, because the Idiot is not one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just hope the person that snaps is not of my ethnic persuasion, but one who is dependent on the government...

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Unfortunately, it'll be the former. They're after those now that like to claim they're sovereign citizens (always white folk). They tend to stand their ground when cornered which means they get killed and then are painted as someone who snapped.
    In the process they always seem to find that "don't tread on me flag" in the person's house or on their vehicle.

    On a side note, I know a lot of you folks like to sport that flag and I agree with your right to do that coming from a 1st Amendment POV, but someday it's gonna backfire. Just sayin' ....

    I hate drawing attention to myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I know what you mean about the flag. I only have a version of it as my front license plate, and it is white, a person has to get up close and personal to see what it actually says...

      Delete