Thursday, September 13, 2012

This Week....

The depression  and frustration for me this week actually started last Wednesday when my much loved Jeep with less then 40,000 miles began making a loud metal on metal sound when ever I turned corners or accelerated. By Friday there were new noises which under Seniors direction I took it straight to the service center at my local Jeep Dealer.

First ,they thought it had something to do with my lift kit. Then I had to take the Service Manager on a ride so he could hear it. Turns out it was my transmission. They kept it over the weekend. Upon further inspection this past Monday, it turns out some transmission gears had come apart, and shredded it. Did I mention I have less then 40,000 miles on it? Also, I have NEVER "Ragged" my jeep out, it has never been off roading, or in the mud..only driving on the beach.
 The fluid had been burning and turned a dark purple and was burnt. The service center had to get approval from Chrysler to either give me a whole new unit ( which I wanted) or just rebuild the crapped out one....Can you guess what they did?  YEP! they approved the rebuilding. I was told that because only 70% of my tranny went out, they were only fixing the 70%. that was broken.

I have 2 kids to shuttle around and errands..couldn't be without a car. At least they approved a rental for me from Enterprise. I get to Enterprise...the girl says: " Sorry but all we have is the 2012 Camaro out front"... Darn the luck I thought!  I hate it when that happens.  " Okay" I say.. " I guess I can suffer".  At least some part of the week has gone well. Now we have been sporting it this week to and from school in the hot Camaro.. : )   NS thinks its  "Bumblebee" the transformer.

We decide to research the transmission with Jeeps...turns out I am not the only one.There were over 157 complaints  on the NTSB website from people with the same issues I have had, and most had less mileage then My Jeep has. So now, do I really want to be driving this unreliable vehicle anymore? I LOVE ,LOVE, LOVE my Jeep...but I have  to now consider the fact it will have the same crappy transmission..only rebuilt and cleaned up..give it another 10,000 miles or so and it will go out again.
Therefore we have started the pain of car shopping.  If there are two things in this world I absolutely hate, and that is: Swim Suit Shopping, and Car shopping. 
I like the VWs, but also the Subarus, so I think we have settled on a Subaru Impreza WRX. It is the "stay at home moms sports car".
I am suppose to pick the Jeep up today, hopefully by Sunday we will have something new.

So with this and all the World events this week..it has been one for the record books. We walked out this morning, I looked up in the sky and was amazed at this sight: 

 
 
Yes a morning rainbow..something I have never seen. Rainbows are a promise from God...then I knew...that there is nothing too big that God can't handle...Personal issues, and world issues...He is there with his daily reminder that things will be okay. Our youngest said it best when after we got in the car, he said: "Mommy, you know that was the gateway to heaven".....  

6 comments:

  1. ah heck gurlie...so sorry to hear about your jeep! but better safe than sorry eh? congrats on your new subaru...make sure to take a pic when you get it and show us!

    i love that you know that rainbows are a covenant that God made with us...and what a sign to see after such a rotten week. as for your youngest's words....out of the mouths of babes eh?

    your friend,
    kymber

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he was so sweet when he said that. Made me feel really proud. and Yes, I will make a post about the new vehicle.

      Delete
  2. Jeep is the only thing that kept Chrysler from going under many times, it is a shame that Jeep got its name fouled by Chrysler, sorry company that they are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right...and if they keep messing up the Jeep name and brand, it is going to bite them in the rear end.

      Delete
  3. Try Ford. Why?? Because they didn't go to the Feds looking for a hand out. They turned the company around on their own. In my book that means they care. Chrysler and GM both went crying to D.C. for money. Good luck car shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just read you got a suburau, our only childs freind their entire family has only suburaus and I mean new subaraus they never seem to have to any repairs of anykind at all..Of course the dad is an attorney and they take care of their cars in the garage at all times, goes thru the rain in seattle and ice..i have never heard of any of those cars having anykind of trouble in the pacific northwest with nearly 299 days of rain and I think this year, ice, snow and bitter cold, crongrats upon your purchase! Jeeps I have known many who had old old Jeeps, they lasted like an iron horse, but the newer ones just disintegrated, so I think you are so so better off with your purchase of a Suburau, they sell like hotcakes in Seattle, Tacoma, Everett, Bellingham, and here in Vancouver washington, people know they are SAFE, efficient with the gasoline, well built, reliable and worth their purchase price..congrats.!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete