Saturday, September 22, 2012

Another New Family Member

For two days, Senior has been trying his best to cheer me up..our week ended on a real sad note.
Most of you who read my blog also reads Seniors and so you know. But for those who don't. He told it very eloquently at  Seniors Mess. Please feel free to go over and read his post from yesterday.

Yesterday, we took the boys to a restaurant/game room place..No not Chucky Cheeses..no way, no how!.  Some place better. They had a blast, and it was good to laugh. Then they stayed the night at my parents. Senior and I returned one red box movie and got another : "Act of Valor"...  I didn't think it would end like it did..I cried. It felt kind of good.

Today was another Gun show, our good buddies REBEL,DUKE and SHOOTER STEVE along with his new bride all met up. Since Senior has been working to quit smoking, and doing so quite successfully I let him buy a present. Something he has been wanting to add to the Family:

A WW2 Russian Mosin Nagant, 91-30.
It is in excellant condition and has all matching numbers. Outstanding Bore with tight, sharp muzzle. Cleaned and inspected. complete with bayonet.. 
I want to totally strip the stock down, sand it, and refinish it..but it was Steve who said not too...that it makes the character of the rifle..and I guess he is right, I just wanted the challange of the job.

Here is some strange girl we found to strike a pose with it...  : )


4 comments:

  1. I have one of the long ones made by Remington, 1917, they are interesting rifles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. gurlie - i know how much this hurts right now but know that you have friends with big shoulders who welcome your tears, your sadness and any venting you might need...you have my personal email...don't be afraid to use it!

    much love being sent yours and Seniors way...i am so sorry! your friend always,
    kymber

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the Mosin Nagant Club. I will provide a warning that no one gave me; those rifles are really addictive. As in you can't own just one addictive.


    On the other hand, the Mosin's are really really good for a session or two of recoil therapy !

    ReplyDelete