So Senior and I took the boys to a outdoors store, what do you get a 78 yr old man that has everything? I know, a digital thermometer! sounds good to me, If he doesn't like it I will throw in the receipt and he can return it. Senior as always ventured over to the gun section, while I did my browsing. He eavesdropped on a couple of "thugs" who were gun shopping. Do you know the type I mean? Dreadlocks, baggy pants,etc.... I won't go any further with descriptions because far be it from me to be racist or a bigot. Well these superheros who want to play "grownup" and carry a gun had the poor sales man in a tizzy, as they had not the slightest idea on how to pull back a slide. And here they were wanting to buy one. For what purpose I can only imagine. Senior walked over to me with a smirk and shaking his head...
I came across something cool in my browsing, Federal Ammo now has colored shotgun shells, Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness and Red, White , and Blue for those who feel patriotic....So they get a KUDOS from me. Knowing the Pink and Purple kind of girl I am, my eyes got big over the Pink ammo...WOW!!!! ammo makers are really hitting the mainstream and appealing to the ladies. I batted my eyes a few times at senior, but he wouldn't budge...I thought how much fun I could have shooting these from the mossberg tactical 12gauge. I wish they came in 410 so I could shoot them from my Judge. Oh well, my birthday is next week, maybe I will get a box. Getting ammo is better then getting chocolote right?


Girls....sheesh...what 'da heck is wrong with green.
ReplyDelete"pffffffttttt" : )
DeleteI like it, I would carry it as long as it goes boom.
ReplyDeleteTY Duke! : )
DeleteColor doesn't matter as long as the color of end result is RED. I worry about all the (can't find a fitting word) who want a gun but don't have a clue. I would take a class first, before buying.
ReplyDeleteQuestion how much ammo is enough?? 2 boxes a day or 24 boxes for a day?? 720 a month ?? Yes, I am a newbie!!!!
gun ownership and parenthood should all come with mandatory classes (perferably before one gets pregnant). afterall you have to take a test to get a drivers license... but if they want a gun bad enough, they will get one.
DeleteHow much ammo is enough? depends on what you are doing.. when we go to the range for practice we like to expend about 100-200 rounds of .22 We do not use up any of our high calibers. because its not what you shoot its how you shoot, and if you are just practicing, .22 is way cheaper then .223. Now when SHTF, yes we will change over to the big stuff, my philosophy is that There is NEVER enough ammo. keep buying and buying, or reloading and reloading..
This is why senior put a .22 conversion kit on his AR, and I did the Archangel conversion on my Ruger 10/22. So that we could still get the feel of practicing with assault style rifles, but use up .22 and not .223
Deletehere here. gun ownership and parenthood should all come with mandatory classes AND actual tests that you ACTUALLY have to pass. i couldn't agree more, my friend!
Deleteteehee...the little pink rounds are really cute! (i like pink too, btw)
your friend,
kymber
kymber I'm obviously addressing this to the non-Canadian's here...
DeleteI understand the sentiment here about getting training about gun ownership and maybe there's some hidden humor I missed here, but would you apply the same idea to any other aspect of our Constitution?
What about about the first Amendment freedom of assembly or speech? DO I need training for that? Should you have to have a degree in your religion of choice to practice it, what about the atheist (which I am not)? what training do they get in order to practice the freedom not to believe
Should you have to be an attorney to be able to use the 4amendment freedom from ileagal search and seizure? or the in the 5th Amendment, the freedom not to incriminate yourself?
Do you need training in order to get a speedy trial, or a trial by a jury of your peers? due process?
yea, I carried this quite far, but I hope my point came across.
Please don't restrict my Constitutional FREEDOMS. If you can restrict one, then you can restrict all of them.
I hope this is taken in the gentle calm spirit it was intended.
I understand your sentiment, and I kind of think you took it all out of context of what we were saying.
DeleteWhenever I use the term "Training" in relation to my use of firearms, it is for proficiency training. I believe if someone is unfamiliar with something, (as these guys were in the original post),that you should take classes and learn safe handling. If I am unfamiliar with something, then I want to learn about it before I jump in with both feet. Prior to me getting my first gun, I took NRA certified classes, I had no problem in doing so. It made me more aware, and respectful of the power I held in my hands while shooting a gun.
It's entirely possible I did take it out of context. I've been known to do it before.
DeleteBut I got hung up on the "mandatory" word used in the same paragraph with the "driver's license" test, which is of course a "STATE" sponsored license and not a guaranteed Constitutional fright or Freedom. So if I jumped too far forgive me...
BTW, I'm all for peer-pressured training, as we should encourage each other as long as there is NO government requirements attached.
DeleteI posted last year about how around 20 of us guys went out shooting from church in the desert. I was totally floored when one of the guys pulled out an entire moving box full of pink shotgun shells. I'd never seen them before but guess what?
ReplyDeleteThey worked just the same as the others...and strewn about the ground actually prettied up the place a bit. Wait. Did I just say that out loud?
Somebody hand me a gun cleaner!
ha ha...so it gave new meaning to the term "Painted Desert" ?
Delete